My role is exactly what you want it to be, the main aim being both you and your baby come first. However, here is a general idea of the things I can help you with, typically within the first 3 months:
- Antenatal support- preparing for your baby’s arrival, what to buy, managing expectations, preparing to breast or bottle feed
- Newborn care- guidance on newborn cues, bonding, dressing/changing/bathing baby, feeding support, babywearing
- Allowing you time to recover from birth- caring for baby whilst you shower or nap, preparing light meals, light housework or popping to the shops for you
- Emotional support- you might want to sit with a cuppa and talk about anything from your birth experience to your baby’s poo. I am a sounding board for any worries or concerns you may have
- Toolkit- Doulas come armed with information on all sorts of topics, ready to support and signpost you to find the evidence based information you need to make informed choices
This list is not exhaustive so please do get in contact to discuss further, thank you.